Saturday 20 July 2013

A little help from my friends

Well, things have been busy, between going to work, going on 2 holidays (yes, 2!) and spending a lot of time sorting out my flat (I moved in a year ago and things are just about getting into shape) I haven't made a single thing out of paper in quite a few weeks.

I have had some really helpful info from some friends though:

Shelly, an old school friend who now makes a living from her artwork over at Live Art Breathe Art has given me some information about suppliers for packaging materials etc. and even given me a few catalogues so I have a better idea of the kinds of things I might need / want.

Here's the picture I commissioned from her when my baby niece was born...

A more experienced craft blogger called Lisa left me a really helpful blog comment back in February explaining about the envelope sizes I was having difficulty with. Its a shame I have been so busy that I only just picked it up! (I also need to check whats going on with email alerts from my blog).

A mate of mine suggested I need to start really small so that this is all less daunting and I should just make 2 or 3 things and stick them on ebay and see how the process really works, "even if nothing sells, you are bound to learn something useful". I think this is excellent advice, and its what I intend to do next. Also it will be easier to do now that I know about the envelopes - thanks Lisa!

A few friends have also looked at some of my cards after I posted pics on facebook and have been very encouraging saying that some of them are good enough to sell. This is great - but of course you can never be entirely sure that people are being really honest - I guess there's only one to find out if things will sell...

No comments:

Post a Comment